- H. John GayAFT 1738 - 1780
- W. Elizabeth GayABT 1735 - 1785
m. AFT 1766
Facts and Events
Elizabeth Gay was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Elizabeth Gay
- Page 471.--10th May, 1785. Elizabeth Guy's will--To sister, Rebecca Thompson; to sister Rebecca's daughter, Margaret; to sister Rebecca's 2 youngest daughters; to sister, Martha Gillespy; to sister Martha's oldest daughter, Mary; to sister Martha's daughter, Ann; to nephew, Henry Guy; to niece, Martha Galespy, daughter of Hugh Gillespy; to nephew, Samuel Foger; to nephews, John and Henry Thompson, infants; to brother-in-law, John Gillespy; to Robert Guy; to Archibald Guy. Executors, John Gillespy, James Bleake, James Windon. Apprentice John Windon to be set free. Proved, 21st June, 1785, by James Windon and Samuel Gillespy. Executors qualify.
- Page 495.--18th October, 1785. Recorded. Elizabeth Guy's appraisement by Leonard Beall, Andrew McCaslin, James Gilespy; Henry Guys legacy; Mary Gillespey's legacy; Martha Gillepsy, Sr.'s, legacy; Ann Gillespy's legacy; Martha Gillespy, Jr.'s, legacy; Archibald Guy's legacy; Samuel Frazer's legacy; Rebecca Thompson's legacy; John Gillespy's legacy.
Information on Elizabeth Gay
7. ELIZABETH3 GAY (HENRY2, JOHN1) was born Abt. 1735 in Sadsbury Township, Lancaster Co., PA, and died Jun 1785 in Augusta Co. VA. She married (1) DAVID MOORE Bef. 1752 in Augusta Co. VA. He died Bef. 1766 in Augusta Co. VA. She married (2) JOHN GAY Aft. 1766 in Augusta Co. VA, son of ROBERT GAY and ISABEL UNKNOWN. He was born Aft. 1738 in Sadsbury Township, Lancaster Co., PA, and died Sep 1780 in Augusta Co. VA.
More About DAVID MOORE and ELIZABETH GAY:
Marriage: Bef. 1752, Augusta Co. VA
More About JOHN GAY and ELIZABETH GAY:
Marriage: Aft. 1766, Augusta Co. VA
Child of ELIZABETH GAY and DAVID MOORE is:
i. DAVID4 MOORE, b. 1752, Augusta Co. VA.
Help fund new features!