Facts and Events
From Source Book, pg 79 "Records indicate that Patrick Francis and his family moved to Lewis County, Virginia (WV) with his nephew Thomas Francis about 1848.
Page 85-86 of the book has a letter written by Elgiva to her sister Nancy Maria written about the trip from Prince William to "Louis" County and her opinion of the area and her family. The letter is dated 12 Aug 1849. She mentions their children but names only one son in the letter, James Henry who she says is old enough to run around and be very lively. (So records saying he was born in 1853 are in error.)
Page 87 records that Elviga is the daughter of George W. Jackson and Nancy Strother.
"Prince William County Virginia Court Minutes 1833-1838" pg 162, by Ronald Ray Turner, 2006
available online at http://www.pwcvabooks.com/pwcvabookspublishedworks.htm
October 6th 1835
Lucetta Jackson & Elgiva Jackson orphans of George W. Jackson deceased with the approbation of the court made choice of Stephen L. Howison for their guardian, who together with Edwin Howison and Jesse McIntosh entered into & acknowledged a bond in the penalty of $500 with condition according to law, which said bond is ordered to be recorded.
The Court doth assign Stephen L. Howison guardian to George Jackson and Nancy Maria Jackson, orphans of George W. Jackson deceased and thereupon the said Stephen L. Howison with Edwin Howison and Jesse McIntosh his security’s entered into and acknowledged a bond in the penalty of $500 with condition according to law, which said bond is ordered to be recorded.
U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules Index
Surname: Elgiva Francis
County: Wood CO.
Gender: F (Female)
Month of Death: Sep
State of Birth: VA
Cause Of Death: NEURALGIA
- ↑ Stephen L. Howison made guardian of George W. Jackson's children..
- ↑ 1870 Census at ancestry.com. (http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=List&dbid=7163&enc=1&offerid=0%3a7858%3a0), Parkersburg, Wood Co., West Virginia.
- Burgess, James A. Anderson, Cockrill, Moffett, Smith & Allied Families of Northern Virginia. (Chandler, Arizona: James A. Burgess, 2002), pgs 85-87.
- Turner, Ronald Ray. Court Minutes 1833-1838, pg 162, 187.
- ↑ U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules Index.