David Sawyers, Sr.
m. Bef. 1700
- David Sawyers, Sr.Abt 1700 - Aft 1756
- Robert Sawyers1700 - Bef 1746
Facts and Events
David Sawyers was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
David Sawyers's land (Beverley Manor SW, 247 acres, 1741) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- David Sawyers acquired a tract of 247 acres in Beverley Manor from Joseph Reed (on) "James Robinson's line, Christian's Creek; Brooks line; Robert Wilson (formerly Francis Beaty); corner Wm. Thompson's corner", on 26 September 1741, per the record of disposition, listed below. The deed for this transaction is most likely located in Orange (the predecessor county of Augusta) County, Virginia, where deeds were recorded prior to late-1745.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 157.--24th November, 1751. David Sayer to Robert Sayer, 247 acres, 3 R., 6 P. Sold by Wm. Beverley to Joseph Reed, 2d July, 1740, and 26th September, 1741, and by Reed to Sayer; James Robinson's line, Christian's Creek; Brooks line; Robert Wilson (formerly Francis Beaty); corner Wm. Thompson's corner. Teste: Danl. Gove, David Sayer.
Records of David Sawyers in Augusta County, VA
- Page 168.--17th November, 1756. David Sayer's bond (with David Hays, Jno. Hunter) as administrator of Robert Sayers. (Note: the Robert Sawyers that died was the son of this David Sawyers).
- Vol. 2 - MARCH, 1794. - Archer's Administrator vs. Archer's Executor.--David Sawyers, administrator of Rebecca died May, 1789; John Archer, her husband, died May, 1771. Bill to make John Archer's Executor pay Rebecca's Administrator the alimony that was decreed to her. Rebecca lived at home with her husband some time after alimony was decreed. John Gardner is about to go to Kentucky, where he expects to remain, September 22, 1790. Rebecca was not in her right mind. Was Rebecca Blair, daughter of John Archer and wife to William Blair? Who was John Blair, a legatee of John Archer? (Note: this appears to indicate the date of death for David Sawyers, Sr., as his son, David Sawyers, Jr., lived past 1789).