b.7 February 1836
d.24 August 1899
Facts and Events
Link to photo of David McCune's tombstone
Civil War Service
- Private, Company A, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 6 August 1862
- Reduced from Sergeant 12 May 1863 at his own request
- Mustered out 13 July 1865 at Columbus, Ohio
- Also in Co. C, 22nd Ohio Infantry S2
- Application 678650; Certificate 515154
- Widow's Pension: Application: none listed
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War : Grave Registration.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Find A Grave.
- ↑ Allen, John C. Roster of soldiers, sailors and marines of the War of 1812, the Mexican War, and the War of the Rebellion..: residing in Nebraska, June 1, 1891. (Lincoln, Nebraska: State Journal, 1892), 277.
Help fund new features!