m. est. 1745
Facts and Events
Daniel Mouse was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
Information on Daniel Mouse
From Ancestry.com query:
Daniel Mouse heirs per deed 2 Mar 1841 - help with relationships?
mallowslk19 (View posts) Posted: 4 Aug 2009 8:06PM GMT
The list of heirs in the deed abstract below must belong to at least two generations - has anyone sorted them out already?
Deed 2 Mar 1841 from Pendleton Co.Deedbook 13, pg. 29
Regarding 15a patented to Daniel Mouse (17 Sep 1793 and described as on a head of an East branch of Seneca Creek - some 5 miles W of the bulk of Daniel's land).
Sold by a list of the heirs of Daniel Mouse:
John Hodam and his wife Phebe (Gallia Co, Ohio);
Henry Harper and his wife Elizabeth and Adam Mouse of Randolph Co. (W)Va.;
Adam Mouse, Rebecca Mouse, Adam Carr and his wife Susannah, and Amiss (Amos) Mallow and his wife Phebe of Pendleton Co. (W)Va.
Jacob Mouse, Joshua Mouse and his wife Mary, George Yocum and his wife Christena, Mary Ann Mouse and Rebecca Mouse of Hardy Co. (W)Va.
Some background on the rest of Daniel Mouse's land:
Before 28 Aug 1751 Daniel Mouse (Sr. ) died. On that date, the first administrator of the estate, Peter Moser, was appointed. Peter Moser was killed by Indians in March 1758. A guardian, Frederick Easter (possibly aka Frederick Keister) was appointed on 18 Aug 1761 for Daniel's children, Daniel (Jr) and Catharine.
On 6 Apr 1769, Daniel Mouse received a patent for 156 acres on the North Fork located about three miles below (northeast of the mouth of) Seneca Creek. At nearly the same time on 14 Jul 1769, Thomas Miller received a patent for 200 acres about 1 mile below (northeast of) Daniel's land on the North Fork.
On 12 May 1770, Daniel Mouse received a patent for 27 acres on the south side of the North Fork about 2 miles below Seneca Creek. Daniel and his wife Eve Mouse conveyed this parcel of 27a to Thomas Miller's son George Miller on 17 May 1774 and they also conveyed a portion, probably of the 156 acres to George Miller circa 1774-5. George Miller was likely newly married circa 1774 and, if to the same woman as his widow in 1819, she was called Caty which was a nickname for Catharine. However, most genealogies indicate the Catharine Mouse, sister of Daniel, was married to a Swadley. (Any help proving or disproving any marriage of Catharine Mouse or the maiden name of Cathrine, wife of George Miller b ca 1753 son of Thomas Miller, would also be appreciated). The Millers and Mouse family contiued to own lands near each other on the same section of the NF for at least three generations.
On 18 May 1773, Jacob and Barbara Eberman (aka Aberman) conveyed 116 acres to Daniel Mouse. This parcel was located on the river about 1 mile below the mouth of Seneca Creek. In 1815, Daniel received a patent for 30 acres adjoining this parcel on the north and east sides. Daniel had also received a patent for 15 acres in 1793 that did not adjoin his existing lands and was roughly 5 miles away from the other two. He acquired another patent for 25 acres on the west side of the North Fork in 1821 near but not adjoining the 116 acres and 30 acres. All four of these parcels were still in the family's possession in 1849.
Adam Carr ended up with much of the land between Mouth of Seneca and the Grant Co. line and several of the Mouse family parcels and I'm working his land holdings in 1849 to help anchor the old Mouse and Abermam grants.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.