Facts and Events
Daniel Harrah was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Daniel O'Hara received a patent 23d May, 1763, on a south branch of the Cowpasture, adjoining tract surveyed to Mathew Penn, now in possession of Isaac Johns. 125 acres of his patent was sold to Alexander Miller in 1767, and this same 125 acres was later sold to Thomas Devericks in 1788.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 475.--20th May, 1767. Daniel ( ) Oharra and Elizabeth to Alexander Miller, £24.10, 125 acres on south branch of the Cowpasture River. Teste: Wm. Crow, Henry Key, Jno. Mills. Delivered: Alex. Miller, September, 1769.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 161.--April, 1750 (doubt about the date). Thomas Fulton's appraisement, by Andrew Hamilton, John Graham, Daniel O'Hara. (Subscribers acknowledge this to be a true copy of our judgment according to our best knowledge of the worth and value and estate of Thos. Fulton. Witness 18th August, 1766.)
- Page 353.--18th March, 1760. William Campbell's appraisement, by Andw. Hamilton, Jas. Carlile, Daniel O'Hara.
- Page 413.--8th July, 1760. Robert Ramsey's additional appraisement and sale bill, by Andw. Hamilton, James Calile. James Campbell--To Robt. Hall, James Given, James Hall, James Shaw, Daniel Harrah (O'Hara); to liquor at the vendue; balance due the orphans.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1772 (A ?). - Woods vs. Daniel O'Hara and Andrew Kinkead.--Debt. On bond dated 1762, 4th August. Andrew of Albemarle County.
- Page 155.--7th April, 1788. John Miller and Margret, of Rockingham, to Thomas Devericks, Sr., 125 acres, part of tract patented to Daniel O'haro, 23d May, 1763, on a south branch of the Cowpasture, adjoining tract surveyed to Mathew Penn, now in possession of Isaac Johns.
- ↑ Family tree maker. (MyFamily.com, Inc., c2003).
Daniel O'Harra was born Abt. 1730 in County Antrim, Ireland, and died Abt. December 1795 in Montgomery Co., KY. He married Elizabeth Ramsey.
Children of Daniel O'Harra and Elizabeth Ramsey are: i.John O'Harra, b. Abt. 1758, d. date unknown.
ii.+Charles O'Harra, b. 1754, Ireland, d. August 1822, Greenbrier Co., VA.
iii.+Daniel O'Harra, Jr., b. 1756, d. 1840.
iv.+Robert O'Harra, b. Abt. 1754, d. May 26, 1828.
v.+William O'Harra, b. Abt. 1758, d. November 25, 1806.
vi.+James O'Hara, b. 1760, d. 1821, Montgomery Co., KY.
vii.Patrick O'Harra, b. Abt. 1759, Augusta County, Virginia, d. July 1795, Clark County, Kentucky.
viii.+Samuel Harrow, b. Abt. 1763, Augusta Co., VA, d. October 1797, Montgomery County, Kentucky.
ix.Sarah O'Harra, b. Abt. 1764, d. date unknown.
x.Elizabeth O'Harra, b. Abt. 1767, Augusta County, Virginia, d. date unknown.