Daniel W. Firestone
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- 1st Lieutenant, Company E, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 18 April 1862 into Company A (then 117th OVI)
- Appointed 2nd Lieutenant 10 August 1863
- Promoted to 1st Lieutenant, Company E 14 December 1863
- Also in Company I, 86th Ohio Volunteer Infantry 
- Application 1159679; Certificate 905777
- Widow's Pension: Application 640658, Certificate 625801
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War : Grave Registration.