- H. Cornelius Robinsonest 1722 -
- W. Elizabeth (add)
m. est. 1745-1755
Facts and Events
||to Elizabeth (add)
Cornelius Robinson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Cornelius Robinson received a patent for 400 acres "on North River Shannando on both sides Fort Run" on 15th March, 1744, as listed in the records below. (Note: this 400-acre tract appears to have adjoined a similar 400-acre tract acquired by his father, Charles Robinson, both of which were subsequently sold to Adam Rader in 1757, as shown below).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 416.--10th March, 1757. Cornelius Robinson, of Anson County and Province North Carolina, to Adam Reider (Rider), £60, 400 acres on North River Shannando on both sides Fort Run. Teste: Michael Warren.
- Page 418.--10th March, 1757. Same to same (Cornelius Robinson, of Anson County and Province North Carolina, to Adam Reider (Rider)). Whereas Cornelius empowered to make deed for this land by will of his father, Charles Robinson, which will is recorded in Anson County Court in North Carolina, as appears by the copy certified by the Clerk, Jno. Frohock, £60, 400 acres on a branch of North River of Shanando called Fort Run. (Note: Cornelius Robinson most likely received this land from his father Charles Robinson when he died and was selling this 400-acre tract, previously acquired by his father).
Early Land Acquisition in Anson County, NC
Disposition of Land in Anson County, NC:
- pp. 254-255: 23 Oct 1765, Cornelius Robinson & wf Elizabeth of Anson, planter, to Charles Robinson, planter, for L80 proc. money...part of 600 A granted to Charles Robinson 22 Nov 1746, & bequeathed to sd. Cornelius by L.W. & T. of Charles Robinson...Cornelius Robinson (SEAL), Elizabeth E. Robinson (SEAL), Wit: Robert Thorn (R), William MacDaniel (W), Recorded according to law, Thomas Frohock, C.C.
Records of Cornelius Robinson in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 442.--__ _____, 1757. Adam Rader and Barbara (signed in German, Adam Rader, Bora ( ) Rädjiou) to Matbias Rader (Rider), £50, 100 acres, part of 400 acres on North River of Shanando, patented to Cornelius Robinson, 15th March, 1744, and conveyed by him to Adam.