Facts and Events
Casper Hepner was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Emigration to Pennsylvania
- Gasper Hapner arrived in Philadelphia, Penn., on Sept. 19, 1753, onboard the ship Leathley, with Captain John Lickley, from Hamburg, Germany. On the passenger lists, he signed his name as Gasper Hopner, georg Gasper Hopner and georg Gasper Hoppener. (Strassburger, Ralph Beaver, PENNSYLVANIA GERMAN PIONEERS, Vol. 1, pp. 536, 537, 538; Vol. 2, pp. 639, 640.)
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1801--February 5, Peter Fultz and Casper Hapner, surety. Peter Fultz and Mary Hapner, daughter of above Casper Hepner.
- George Hepner born 1735 was my GGGGGreatGrandfather I have him listed as having three other brothers Henich, Casper, and Jacob. He was born in Hanover Germany and emigrated to America (Lancaster Co. Pa.) in 1757, I only know of two children Henry and Catharine. Henry married Mary Hyser in Franklin Co. Va. in 1794 and moved to Mont.Co. Ohio in 1805.
- They had
- George & Polly (twins)
- John born in 1797
- Lydia & Diana (twins)
- I have alittle more information on this family, Lydia was my GGGGreatGrandmother
- Casper Hepner (George's Brother) came to America in 1753 He married Mary ?? I know he Had land in Augusta Co. Va. he sold it in 1813 and moved to Preble County Ohio when he signed his name on the sale deed he wrote Casper but the clerk signed it Gasper.
- They had eight children:
- Johathan M born 1767
- Cathrine b. 1769
- Henry H. b.1771
- Mary b.1773
- Elizabeth b.
- William H. b. 1775
- Abraham b. 1777
- Susanna b.
- [Citation: http://genforum.genealogy.com/hepner/messages/47.html].