m. 23 JUN 1752
- Braxton EasthamAbt 1753 - Abt 1802
- H. Braxton EasthamAbt 1753 - Abt 1802
- W. Joanna CourseyAbt 1759 - Bef 1830
m. abt. 1776
Facts and Events
Braxton Eastham was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 448.--21st May, 1782. Claudius Bustard and Dorcas to James Hays and Braxton Easthum, on Blue Ridge Mountains in Augusta and Amherst, known as Rockfish Gap, patented to William Rodgers and John Burger. (Note: this tract appears to be the 333 acre-tract sold in 1788, listed below).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 242.--25th February, 1788. James Hayes, of Albemarle, Braxton Eastham, of Rockbridge, to William Greyson, Nathaniel Garland and James Brooks, of Albemarle, 333 acres at Rockfish Gap, three patents belonging to Manus Burger, deceased, and John Burger, lately in possession of Henry Lyon, and now in possession of James P. Hulse. Teste: Jesse and Thomas Stockton, John Mills.
Records of Braxton Eastham in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 54.--Jno. McDonough's estate in account with Jno. Abney, continued from 18th July, 1786--Paid Braxton Eastham; 1787, received from Geo. Huddle for rent; Geo. Woland, ditto.