b.09 Jan 1744/45
- Benjamin Tallman1744/45 -
Facts and Events
Benjamin Tallman was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 250.--24th April, 1780. Robert Armstrong and Jane to Benjamin Tolman, 145 acres patented to Robert, 12th May, 1759, comer James Kerk; 240 acres patented to Robert 8th July, 1752. Teste: John and Alex. Kirk, Casper Ekert.
- Page 94.--Patent to Benj. Tolman, of Rockingham, 11th August, 1788.
Records of Benjamin Tallman in Augusta County, VA
- Page 32.--20th March, 1783. Privy examination of Jane, wife of Robert Armstrong, late of Augusta, deed to Benj. Tolman, before William Renick, Wm. Ward, justices of Greenbrier.
- Page 292.--9th May, 1783. James Kirk's will--To son, Alexander, 10 shillings; to son, John, 10 shillings; to daughter, Martha, 10 shillings; to son, Robert, £5; to wife, Jean, and sons, James and George, all estate. Executors, wife Jan and son John. Teste: Benj. Talmann, Ambros (mark) Jones, James McCan. Proved, 20th May, 1783, by the witnesses. Executors qualify.
- Page 105.--11th March, 1794. John Harrison's estate appraised by Benj. Fausset (Fansset), Benj. Talman, Jno. Bright, Geo. Henton.
- Vol. 2 - Mathews vs. Johnston--O. S. 364; N. S. 132--Deed, 27th August, 1808, by William Freighley (Fraly) and wife, Mary, of Albemarle, to Sarah Johnston, of Rockingham, 12 acres on Smith's Creek, in Rockingham, patented to Daniel Freighley, 1794, and by him conveyed to William by deed recorded 28th April, 1796. Recorded in Rockingham, September, 1808. Deed, 25th May, 1821, by Sarah Johnson to _____ Blosser, above 12 acres. No certificate of record. Deed, 2d January, 1822, by Sarah Johnson, of Augusta, to Daniel Mathews, of Rockingham; above 12 acres. Recorded in Rockingham, 9th May, 1822. Deed, 19th December, 1803, by Benjamin Tallman and wife, Dinah, of Rockingham, to John Depo; 150 acres, parts of two tracts; 36 acres in part of 182 acres, conveyed by Ann Tallman to Benjamin by deed 25th April, 1796, part of 290 acres conveyed by Joseph Conrad, son and heir of George Conrad, to Ann Tallman, 26th June, 1792; part of 590 acres patented to said George, 11th December, 1780, the remaining 114 acres are part of said 290 acres conveyed by said Joseph to Ann, and also of 45 acres conveyed by said Joseph to said Ann part of 75 acres, part of 144 acres patented to John Needham, 3d August, 1771, and by his daughter Eleanor, heiress-at-law, conveyed to said George, 26th March, 1781. The 144 acres conveyed to Benjamin, 8th December, 1803. Recorded in Rockingham, December, 1803. Deed, 25th August, 1783, by Zebulon Harrison and wife, Margaret, of Rockingham, to Benjamin Tallman, 165 acres on Smith's Creek. Recorded in Rockingham, 25th August, 1783.
Information on Benjamin Tallman
9 Jan 1745 - ____
Repository ID Number: I2365
RESIDENCE: PA & Winchester, OH
BIRTH: 9 Jan 1745, PA
DEATH: Canal Winchester, OH
RESOURCES: See: P439, [S67] [S239]
Father: William TALLMAN
Mother: Anne LINCOLN
Family 1 : Dinah BOONE
MARRIAGE: 9 Nov 1764, PA
Nancy (Ann) TALLMAN
+ Susannah "Susan" TALLMAN
+ Mary TALLMAN
Benjamin TALLMAN Jr.
+ John TALLMAN
Two of his sons and four of his daughters married HARRISONs.