Facts and Events
||Asa C. Kenison
||5 Jan 1822
||Morgan co., Ohio, United States
||1 Jun 1830
||Meigsville twp., Morgan co., Ohio, United StatesAsa was a member of the household of Josiah Kennison which included one male [Asa] from age 5 to 10, one male and one female from age 10 to 15, one male from age 15 to 20, and one male [Josiah, the householder] and one female [Jane] from age 50 to 60.
||1 Jun 1840
||Meigsville twp., Morgan co., Ohio, United StatesAsa was a member of the household of Jane Kenison which included one male [Asa] from age 15 to 20 and one female [Jane, the householder] from age 60 to 70. It was recorded that one person was employed in agriculture.
||17 Nov 1843
||Athens co., Ohio, United StatesMr. Asa Kenison and Miss Synthia Ann Carpenter were joined in marriage by Jesse Green, J. P.
to Cynthia Ann Carpenter
||Hamilton twp., Decatur co., Iowa, United StatesIn the Civil War draft registration, Asa Kenison, aged 41 years on 1 July 1863, was recorded to be a carpenter who was born in Ohio.
||30 Aug 1908
||Salina, Saline co., Kansas, United States
||Eagle Chief Cemetery, Eagle Chief twp., Alfalfa co., Oklahoma, United Statesin lot 32
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Blackledge, Paul & Verla, “Eagle Chief Cemetery, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma”, in Oklahoma Cemeteries. (Online: Tammie Chada & Sue Tolbert, 2000-present).
Asa C. Kenison, lot 32, b. 5 Jan. 1822, d. 30 Aug. 1908.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Salina Journal. (Salina, Kansas), 31 Aug. 1908.
A.C. Kenison, aged 86 years 7 months 27 days, died of old age at 5:30 p.m. Sunday [30 Aug. 1908] at home of daughter Mrs. Robert Muir, north of Salina near the Military School. He was born in Ohio, came to Saline Co. in 1863, and lived there until seven years previous. He was formerly County Commissioner of Saline Co.
Preceded by his wife (died a few years earlier in Carmen, Okla). Survived by three sons (Washington; Minnesota; Oklahoma), three daughters (Ottawa Co.; Oklahoma; Salina), and many other relatives. Interment in Oklahoma.
- ↑ 5th Congressional District of Iowa, in United States. Civil War Draft Registrations Records, 1863-1865. (Online database: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010), 2: 126, enumerated June 1863.
- ↑ Meigsville twp., Morgan, Ohio, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, roll 417 (FHL # 20173), f 170, ln 28, Jane Kenison household, [digital image, Ancestry.com].
- ↑ Meigsville twp., Morgan, Ohio, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, roll 137 (FHL # 337948), f 36, ln 14, Josiah Kennison household, [digital image, Ancestry.com].
Help fund new features!