Facts and Events
Anthony Bogart was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Anthony Bogart's Estate Administration
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 16, 1763. - (453) Jeremiah Osborn and Charles Wolson prove the will of Anthony Bogard. Adam Rotherback, an appraiser.
Processioning List of 1755
- "Processioning" was the process or periodically reviewing and agreeing upon property lines between settlers. Processioning Lists can be useful in determining the area of a settler and the neighboring settlers at a specific time period:
- Page 148.--1755: Matt. Patton and Wm. Dyer processioned as follows, viz: For Roger Dyer (corner Jacob Sivers), for Jacob Sivers, for Mathias Dise (corner Ludwick Waginer), for Ludwick Wagoner, for John Dunkle (corner Mathew Patton), for William Dyer, present Nicholas Hevanor; for Mathew Patton, for Mathew Patton, for Nicholas Hevernor; for Christian Dasher, present Anthony Bogart; for William Russell, none to show lines; for John Davis; for Peter Haus (Hans), present Postian Hover; for Wm. Russell, present Henry Pickle; for Wm. Russell, none to show, for Wm. Russell, none to show; for Ro. Green's heirs, none to show.
Records of Anthony Bogart in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 42.--4th September. 1746. Johannes Bougard's will, of the South Branch--Wife, Sarah, big with child, who must be brought up in her father's house; brother, Anthony Hougard, shoemaker's leather; daughter, Anna Bougard. Executors, Abell Westfall and Anthony Bougard. Teste: Abraham Vanderpool, John Westfall, Jacob Westfall. Proved by Jacob Westfall, 21st May, 1747. Proved by other witnesses, 28th June, 1747.
- Page 42.--21st May, 1747. Abel Westfall qualifies executor of John Bougard, with sureties Thomas West and John States. Teste: Samuel Portcus. (Note: immediately precedes record below)
- Page 45.--18th June, 1747. Anthony Bougard qualifies executor as above.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 28, 1750. - (423) Abraham Vanderpool, Mathew Uter, Abell Westfall, Anthony Bogard, George Osburn, Jeremiah Osburn, Jeremiah Osburn, Jr., John Osburn, James Simson, Jacob Westfall, Leonard Neiff, John Westfall, Hermanus Skout, Anthony Reger, Anthony Reger, Jr., Michael Rhyne, Peter Reed, George West, Thomas Iax, Robert Graham, added to list of tithables.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 29, 1750. - (502) Sarah Thorn petitions for permission to keep her child, Hannah Bogard. (Had Sarah, wife of Anthony Bogard married Thorn?)--allowed.
- Vol. 2 - Delinquents List - 1756--In ye lower end of Augusta County: Anthony Bogart. (Note: Anthony Bogart may have left Augusta County prior to this date).
Help fund new features!