- Anne Doak1720-1723 - Bef 1786
Facts and Events
Conflicting Information on Parentage of Anne Doak
There is conflicting information on the parentage of Anne Doak. One submitter claimed that she was the daughter of James and Elizabeth Doak, other sources indicate that she was the daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth Doak. Although there are many records of Samuel Doak and his descendants in Augusta County records, there are no apparent records of a James Doak in early records (the earliest record of a James Doak is in 1793). More research and primary sources are needed to resolve.
Some sources claim that Anne, wife of George Breckenridge died prior to 1753, but based upon the records below, she was clearly still alive as of about August 1757.
Records of Anne (Doak) Breckenridge in Augusta County, VA
- Page 100.--17th June, 1746. George Brackenridge, yeoman, to Samuel Lusk, farmer, £18 current money Virginia; 200 acres on south side Middle River of Shanando; William Anderson's line; corner to Jno. Finley. Witnesses, John and Robert Christian, James Trimble. Acknowledged, 18th June, 1746, and Ann released dower.
- Page 372.--22d August, 1747. George and Ann, his wife, Brackenridge to Mary Cunningham, widow, £8.16.0 current money Virginia; 112 acres in Beverley Manor. Teste: J. (S.?) Bramham, Valentine Sevier, Robt. McClenachan.
- Page 432.--19th November, 1747. £27 current money Virginia. George Brackenridge to Thomas Beard, 309-1/2 acres in Beverley Manor; corner to James Lynn and John Tate; corner to David Steel. Teste: James Fulton, Samuel Wilson, Samuel Steel. Acknowledged by George, 18th November, 1747, and Ann releases dower.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 20, 1748. - (3) Ann Brackenridge, wife of George Brackenridge.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 24, 1749. - (161) Ann, wife of George Breckinridge, relinquished dower in deed, Breckinridge to Mathew Erwin.
- Page 385.--21st August, 1754. James Miller, taylor, and Cathorine, to Jones Henderson. farmer, £35, 3 tracts--first containing 112 acres purchased by said Miller of Andrew Mitchell and Mary which was conveyed to Mary before her marriage with Andrew by George Breckenridge and Ann, by the name of Mary Coningham; the second containing 57 acres purchased by James of David Stewart; the third containing 43 acres purchased by James of Beverly. Delivered to George Bigham, March, 1757.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1756. - (440) Ann Breckinridge, wife of George--private Exn.--returned.
- Page 468.- (undated, appears to be Aug. 1757) - Commission from Augusta to Wm. Harris, Wm. Cabell, Jr., and Wm. Dinguid to take acknowledgment of Anne, wife of Geo. Breckinridge, of Albemarle, to deed, 17th November, 1756, George to Jno. Steel, dated 10th June, 1757. Executed 11th August, 1757.