Facts and Events
Andrew Fitzpatrick was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 330.--30th May, 1765. Borden's executors to Andrew Fitzpatrick, £20, 150 acres, part of 92,100; corner Domnick Morren, on John Kirk's line. Teste: Samuel and James McDowell, Wm. Davis.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 106.--15th March, 1771. Andrew ( ) Fitzpatrick and Mary ( ) to David McNeelley, £5, 150 acres of Borden's 92100. Teste: James Buchanan, Samuel Lyle, Andrew Campbell.
Processioning List of 1765
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settler’s lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Vol. 2 - Page 385.--15th February, 1765: Reported by Andw. Hall, Jas. Buchanan, viz: For John McCroskey, for Alex. Telford, for Rev. Jno. Brown, for William Patton, for Cap. Saml. McDowell, for James Greenlee, deceased; for Jno. Lyle, deceased; for David McCroskey, for Saml. Dunlap, for Jacob Anderson, for Andrew Hays, for Robt. Allison, for James Buchanan, for Andw. Buchanan, for Wm. Davies, for Wm. Berry, for James McKees, for Wm. Lusk, for Edward Tarr, for James McLang, for Henry McLang, for Isaac Anderson, for John Buntin, for William Young, for James Anderson, for James Thompson, for John Allison; for Alex. McCroskey, Jas. Duncan present; for Saml. Robinson, for Andw. Fitzpatrick.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 274.--15th April, 1763. Borden's executors to Dominick Morin (Morrin), £10, 150 acres, part of 92,100; corner Samuel Davison; Jacob Anderson's line; another of Davis' line; corner Andrew Fitzpatrick.
- Page 149.--21st August, 1765. Andrew and Margret Hays to John Misscampble, £50, 250 acres in Borden's grant; corner Andrew Fitzpatrick's line on Back Creek; Thomas Paxton's corner. Delivered: James Misscampble. November Court, 1773.
- Page 435.--21st October, 1765. Sale bill recorded of William Culberts, by Wm. Gilmore, administrator, to, viz: Mary Brown, Margaret McCown, Patrick Denny, Andw. Fitzpatrick, Mary Boyls, Mary Ann Crawford, Jas. Logan, Wm. McCanless, David Guin, Jane Scot, Wm. Ooley, Jno. Selone, Jas. McCampbell, Richard McGee, Jean Muldrach, Alex. Dale, Chas. Boyles. Paid William Naper, Jannet Gilmore, Samuel Norwood, Blakeley Brush, Isabell Summers, Elizabeth Woods, Mary McCown, Sarah Davis, John Hays, Cryer of Vendue; James McNabb.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1767. - (224) Andrew Fitzpatrick vs. John Jones } Following articles attached: One old saddle, 1 fine shirt and stock, 2 coarse shirts, 2 pr. Old drawers, 7 fawn skins, 2 skirts of a Jackett.
- Page 222.--10th March, 1768. Thomas Vance (and Jennet) to John Kirk, £40, 400 acres at mouth of Andrew Fitchpatrick's Run on North River.
- Page 198.--July, 1756 September, 1757. Christian Dosher, Dr., to Michael Thorn, account proved in Hampshire County before Jonathan Heath. 1st February, 1769. (Note: immediately precedes settlement record of Christian Tosher, listed below).
- Page 199.--22d March, 1769. Settlement recorded of Christian Tosher's (Dosher, Dasher?) estate--1757, to 1 bond; 1759, February, paid Henry Shepter; paid Mary Smith, Mary Fitzpatrick, Henry Make. (Note: may be Andrew's wife, Mary).
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 24, 1772. - (354) Andrew Fitzpatrick--no inhabitant. (Note: Andrew Fitzpatrick had apparently left Augusta County by this date).
- Vol. 2 - Dunn vs. Pandall and West--O. S. 249; N. S. 87--In 1794, Levi Dunn (orator) bought 150 acres in Rockbridge from James Dougherty by deed recorded there, part of Borden's 92,100. James bought from Dominick McKann in 1778, who had a deed from Borden's executors in 1763. Andrew Fitzpatrick resided on the land in 1745, as shown by depositions of John McClung and William McCampbell, two of the oldest and most respectable of early inhabitants of Borden's grant. Andrew sold to Dominick McMourn. On 7th February, 1806, orator sold to Gabriel Pendal (Pandel). Deed, 8th September, 1780, by Dominick Moran and Elizabeth of Rockbridge, to James Dougherty, 150 acres. Recorded in Rockbridge, 3d April, 1781. (This name is endorsed McMourn. In the deed from Borden it is "Moren.")
- Vol. 2 - Page 130--John McClung deposes, 6th September, 1811, Andrew Fitzpatrick and Saml. Davis were relations. John came to the grant in 1745. John is in 80th year.
- Vol. 2 - Page 133--Wm. McCampbell deposes, June, 1811, in 1756 he was on the land then occupied by And. Fitzpatrick. Wm. came to Borden's Grant in 1753. Andrew and Saml. Davis were brothers-in-law. Wm. is in 72d year.
- Vol. 2 - Page 137--Capt. Wm. Lyle deposes, 15th August, 1811, Fitzpatrick sold to Dominick Moren or McMoren about 1760. Deponent is in 59th year and when very young was at Fitzpatrick's house (a shoemaker), who lived 2 miles from deponent's father. Deponent has resided in the grant from his infancy.
- Vol. 2 - Page ___--John McClung deposes, 6th of September, 1811, he came to Borden's grant in 1745. Dominict Moren and Andrew Fitzpatrick lived on the land. Is in eightieth year.