Facts and Events
Andrew Campbell was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- [Source information needed? Chalkley's?]
- Marriage Bond: 1793--January 28, Andrew Campbell and Alex. Humphreys, surety. Andrew Campbell and Rebecca Campbell, daughter of John Campbell. Affidavit of age of Rebecca.
- MEMORANDUM OF MARRIAGES FOR 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795.; 1793--January 28th, Andrew Campbell and Rebeccah Campbell.
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Argenbright vs. Campbell--O. S. 97; N. S. 33--Bill, 1804. Refers to a former suit between the parties in Augusta County, and High Court of Chancery. This is a bill by Augustine Argenbright vs. the heirs of John Campbell of Augusta. Writ to Greenbrier County, 1803, to summon Hanna Campbell, devisee and executrix of John Campbell, Jane Smith and John Handley. Deed by John of Augusta County, 1794. Answer by Hanna Cottle, late Campbell, daughter of John. John Handley married a daughter of John Campbell. Jane Smith was one of John Campbell's daughters. Andrew Campbell married Rebecca, a daughter of John.
- Vol. 2 - Andrew Campbell & wife, Rebecca vs. John Campbell & Argenbright-- O. S. 7; N. S. 3--Bill filed 23rd August, 1794. Rebecca is daughter of Jno. Campbell.
Help fund new features!