Alexander F. McMillan
d.23 Feb 1912
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- 1st Lieutenant, Company D, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 19 August 1862
- Promoted to Captain, 1st U.S. Colored Heavy Artillery 9 May 1864
- Resigned from 1st USCHA 29 March 1865
- Also served in Company G, 1st Ohio Volunteer Infantry
- Application 544183; Certificate 352880
- Widow's Pension: Application 981564, Certificate 744243
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Find A Grave.