Facts and Events
Alexander Ingram was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 5.--16th November, 1752. James Neely to Alexander Ingram, 245 acres; corner Francis Beatey. Delivered 1797 to Wm. Ingram, attorney-in-fact for John Ingram, to whom the land was devised. (Note: this 245-acre tract was located on Goose Creek, a tributary of the Roanoke River; James Neely purchased this tract from Ephraim Vause on 1 March 1749).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 237.--15th September, 1755. Alexander Ingrem to Jacob Reed, £31, 373 acres on south side said creek (?). Teste: Audly Paul, James Donelson.
Will of Alexander Ingram
- Ingram, Alexander. Will probate May, 1778
- Names wife, Mary, and children: Ann (married), John, William, James, Mary and Alexander, Jr.
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 57].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - 1750. - Petition, 1752, of inhabitants from Forks of Roanoke to James Neiley's Majority have to travel 25 to 30 miles to work on ye road from Reed Creek to Warwick. Petition to have road laid off into precincts. William Bryan, John Bryan, James Bryan, William Walcker, James Campbell, Alexander Ingram, Robert Bryan, Henry Brown, James Bane, William Bryan, Jr., Joseph Love.
- Page 433.--16th August, 1751. Methesalem Griffith's appraisement, by Henry Brown, Jr., Neal McNeal, Wm. Carvin. Due by Malcom Campbell, Benj. Halter. Henry Brown, Sr., Isaac Taylor, Alex. Ingrem, Geo. Robinson. Edward McDonald.
- Page 182.--9th October, 1751. William Mills, of Loonenburg, to John Mills (trusty and loving friend). Power of attorney to convey land and attend to business, 1751. Teste: Erwin Patterson, Alexander Ingram.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 24, 1753. - (76) Road ordered--Wm. Bryan overseer--from Wm. Carravan's plantation to Wm. Bryans on Roan Oak. These workers: James Campbell, Joseph Love, Wm. Bryan, Jr., John Bryan, James Bane, Henry Brown, Jr., James Neilly, Henry Brown, Sr., Alexr. Ingram, Edward Patterson, Jacob Patton, John Wood, Erwin Patterson, Andrew Cox, Jasper Terry, Wm. Terry, John Woods, Edward Moore, Peter Craven, Aron Hart, Miles Hart, Wm. Graham, Neal McNeal, Malcom Campbell, Wm. Armstrong, Tasker Tosh, Thomas Tosh, Daniel Evans, Uriah Acres, Thos. Acres, John McAdoe, Wm. Akers.
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents, 1755--List of Robert Breckinridge, Sheriff: - Alex. Ingrim.
- Page 267.--17th August, 1758. Peter Kender's (Kinder? Ginder?) estate, account with Alex. Wright, administrator--To sundries from 22d August, 1748, to 22d August. 1749. Paid Erwin Patterson, Patrick Vance, for wages. Paid Alex. Ingram (4 days writing). Paid Ephraim Vause for crying the vendue. Paid Francis Cyphers, Henry Brown, Geo. Griffith. These did not pay for goods bought at vendue, viz: Joseph Kimmins, James McAfee, Jean Patterson, John Gold, Joseph McDonald, David Robinson.
- Page 134.--5th December, 1764. Same to same (John Mills and Mary (Mearey) to William Carvin), £30, 180 acres, part of 500 acres patented to said John, on the Bent Mountain, waters of Roanoke; corner Alex. Ingram; corner Leonard Huff.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 26635.ged.
Date of Import: Jan 19, 2000