Facts and Events
Adam Bickle was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of Adam Bickle
- Vol. 1 - DECEMBER 18, 1798. - (438) Admn. of estate of Adam Bickle granted Mary Bickle.
- Page 4.--21st June, 1799. Adam Bickle's estate appraised by Peter Elliott, David Greiner, James McGonegal.
Records of Adam Bickle in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1787. Page (334) Following to be bound out: Polly Woland, to Charles Markle; Samuel Blakemore, to Abraham Rust: Peter Reed, to John Moore; William Breasline, 4 years old, to Thomas Mitchell; Henry Hatfield (formerly bound to John Francis, deceased), to Wm. Farris; John Reglan, to Jacob Peck; Sarah Blakemore, to Adam Bickle.
- Page 46.--18th September, 1787. Euphemia Hughes, Sr., Euphemia Hughes, Jr., Owen Owens and Jane, Adam Bickle and Mary, to Sampson Mathews;
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1787--November 27, William Jones and Adam Bickel, surety. William Jones and Isabella Smith, own consent. Teste: Wm. Henery, Wm. Resstill.
- Page 403.--9th January, 1790. Organization of Staunton Fire Company. W. Bowyer, Michael Bowyer, Alex. St. Clair, Ro. Gamble, James Lyle, Jr., Robert Stuart, Daniel Donovan, A. Stuart, Wm. Abney, R. Douthat, W. Chambers, Jno. and Samuel Boys, P. Heiskell, Jacob Peck, Ro. McDowell, Michael Garber, Michael Sifort, Jacob Geiger, Adam Bickle, James Megongal, A. Waterman, Robert McCullough, J. Holmes for Robert Astrop, Joseph Dickey, John Gorden, Michael Garber, Jr., A. Mustoe, Alex. Humphreys, Geo. Harden, Jno. Fleiger, Sol. Wolfort, Jno. Price, Hugh McDowell, Wm. Forbes, Jno. ( ) Moore, Margt. Reed, Wm. Sharyer, Andrew Cutler, Jno. Gunn, Wm. McDowell, North and Mathews, Alex. Nelson, Jr., Jno. Bosang, Chr. Grove, James McLoughlin, Jno. ( ) Gates, Smith Thompson, Francis Huff, Michael Cawley, Christian Mummer, Nicholas Faulkler, Samuel Merrit, Daniel Kidd, Jno. Tennant, Geo. Weifford, Isaac Ong, Charles Hedrick, Joshua Parry, Henry, Spering, Anthony ( ) Ingleton, Jno. Backenst, James Kenner.
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER 16, 1790. - (330) David Greinor, apprentice to Adam Bickle.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1793--May 23, Jno. David Greiner and Adam Bickle, surety. Jno. David Greiner and Elizabeth Yost, daughter of Henry Yost (consent). Teste: John Garber, Edward Burk. Consent of A. Mustoe. Teste: Phill North, Charles O'Neil.
- Vol. 1 - DECEMBER 17, 1793. - (32-33) Isem Burk, aged 14 in February last, heretofore bound to Adam Bickle, now to be bound to Andrew Cutler, to learn art and mystery of a saddler.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1796---September 21, Henry Spearing (widower) and Adam Bickle, surety. Henry Spearing and Rebecca Blackamore, widow.
- Vol. 2 - 18th April, 1798--Adam Bickle (appointed), guardian of Mary Woland, orphan of Jacob Woland.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1798--April 18, Thos. Bell and Adam Bickle, surety. Thos. Bell and Mary Woland, daughter of Jacob Woland.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1799 (C to Z). - Charles Hedrick, Jr., son of Charles Hedrick, of Staunton, binds himself to Adam Bickle, a saddler, 1789.