m. est. 1750-1755
- Abraham Ballewest 1752-1762 - bef 1801
- Solomon Ballew1755 - 1818
- H. Abraham Ballewest 1752-1762 - bef 1801
- W. Ann Alexander1753 - 1801
m. bef. 1783
Facts and Events
Abraham Ballew was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 295.--17th August, 1784. Robert Leister and Sarah to Abraham Bellow. Teste: John McKemey. Robert McGwillan, William Anderson. William Morrow, Robert Cooper, Robert Cooper.
- Page 93.--26th January, 1801. John Tate's bond as executor of estate of Abraham Belew pending a contest of his will. [Note: the relationship between Abraham Belew and John Tate has not been determined].
- Page 96.--19th August, 1797. Abraham Belew's will--To wife, Ann; to Jenny Tate, daughter to John Tate; to David Fulwider, son to John Fulwider. Executors, John Tate and John Fulwider. Teste: C. Berry, Thos. Burns, George Fullwider. Presented 26th January, 1801, and proved by Berry and Burns. Recording is contested and continued to next Court. And at February Court, 1801, objection is withdrawn and ordered recorded. John Tate qualifies.
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Page 386.--18th November, 1783. Robert Alexander's estate appraised Due by Hansel Olphid. [Relates to record below]
- Page 388.--18th November, 1783. Allotment of above estate among the legatees--To Ann Balew, wife of Abraham Balew, 5 shillings; to Esther Austin, wife of Wm. Austin, 3 shillings. Signed by all except Austin.