Asabel 'Abel' Jackson
Facts and Events
Abel Jackson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia. He has been placed in Category:Jackson Brick Walls. If you are able to add Abel's parents, please edit this page to remove the brick wall category and the wall bash image.
- Pg. 248 - Will of Abel Jackson of Bath, dated Nov. 18, 1802
- Wit: John McDuff, Adam Quickle and John Hoover
- Probated February, 1803 Court
- Exec: son Edward and Edward Morris
- Beq: to wife Hanna(h) all movable estate of goods, horses and cattle and life use of plantation
- plantation then to be sold with equal division among sons Jesse, Abel, Crawford and Hezekiah
- "it is my will that my daughter Hanna who is married to Henry Jones shall have no other part than what she has had, having received one bed"
- to daugters Patience and Rhoda each a cow of the price thereof
- to son Edward one bed and furniture "as soon as he shall change his way of living or enter into marriage"
- [Abstract of Wills and Inventories of Bath County, 1791-1842, Bruns, pg. 31].
- Pg. 251 - Inventory - Abel Jackson
- Submitted Feb. 6, 1803 by Robert Kincaid, Thomas Milhollin and John Kincaid before Moses Mann
- livestock, hemp break and flax break, cotten, flax seed, rye, hemp, wheat, flax, tobacco, corn, fodder, kitchen utensils, wash tubs, household furniture, tableware, clothes, Negro girl, nursery of fruit trees, bond and accounts of Henry Jones, James McDonald, Jacob Hover (?), Archibald Armstrong, Richard Haden, Anthony Courtner, James Pratt and Lanty Kincaid.
- [Abstract of Wills and Inventories of Bath County, 1791-1842, Bruns, pg. 32].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Jackson vs. Jones--O. S. 171; N. S. 60--Spa. to Bath County, October, 1811. to summon Henry Jones to answer Hannah Jackson, widow of Asabel Jackson, deceased. Jesse, Asabel, Crawford and Hezekiah Jackson, heirs and representatives of said Asabel.
- ↑ Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.