Facts and Events
- ↑ Weis, Frederick Lewis; Walter Lee Sheppard; and David Faris. Ancestral roots of certain American colonists, who came to America before 1700: the lineage of Alfred the Great, Charlemagne, Malcolm of Scotland, Robert the Strong, and some of their descendants. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Pub. Co., 7th Edition c1992), p. 19 line 15:32.
- ↑ Weis, Frederick Lewis, and Walter Lee Sheppard. The Magna Charta sureties, 1215: the barons named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and some of their descendants who settled in America. (Baltimore [Maryland]: Genealogical Pub. Co., Unknown edition (1955-1999)), p. 27 line 19:8, p. 33 line 25:8.
- ↑ Richardson, Douglas. Plantagenet ancestry : a study in colonial and medieval families. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co Inc, c2004), p. 145 FITZ ALAN:11.
- Great Britain. Public Record Office. Calendar of the close rolls preserved in the Public Record Office--Henry IV. (Nendeln, Liechtenstein: Kraus Reprint, 1971), Vol. 1, pp. 379-383.
- Flower, William, and Charles Best Norcliffe. The visitations of Yorkshire in the years 1563 and 1564, made by William Flower, esquire, Norroy king of arms. (London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1881), p. 337.