Purpose and References
The Purpose of this page is to list the Sources which HVH has used, and to then link each source record to the appropriate person page. its the source links in reverse so to speak. it halps with disambiguation (within HVH) in that each recored should theoretically refer to only one person. conflicting or ambiguaous sources can be resolved in this way. This makes it an essential resource for someone who is trying to resolve family history for common surnames
HDFHS map of parishes here http://www.hdfhs.org.uk/places/Townships/townships.htm
West Yorkshire Archive services at Wakefield also holds fiche copies of parisn registers http://www.archives.wyjs.org.uk/ (WYAS )
Census links 1841-1901 can be found at this Public Member tree in ancestry.com.au. If you ahve a substription, follow a link to a census image and then go dwowm line by line to see where each record element within the cansus has been resolved to which person in HVH database http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/6504917/person/-1277697667
HVH (HolmeVillageHome) listed / resolved means the extent to which the source records are listed in HolmeVillageHome, and the extent to which they are resolved to person pages in HolmeVillageHome database.
The aim is to list and resolve all relevant records to person pages within the database.
As of end 2009, the vast amjority of Census entries in holme Parish have been resolved to the database Work is underway to also complete the following:
1. List all Census entries and link to person pages for Holme parish
2. Progrssively do the same for census entries for the various districts of Cartworth and Austonley, because they are both adjacent to Holme and served by Holmbridge Church
3. List and Resolve the appropriate Parish Registers to the Database
4. List and resolve other sources e.g. BMD, WW1, WW2 etc to the Database
5. Progress to other areas of the Holme Valley - Hepworth, Wooldale and Fulstone. Upperthong and Netherthong
The area if interest (Holme, Cartworth, Austonley) has been served by St David's church, Holmbridge since 1840. Prior to that, Parish entries were in Kirkburton Parish registers for Cartworth and Almondbury Parish registers for Holme and Austonley. Holmfirth Church is also significant because it was a chapel of ease for both Kirkburton and Almondbury Churches at times. Upperthong may also have served for Austonley residents
* Almondbury Parish Church historically served Lingards, Meltham, Linthwaite, South Crossland, Honley, Netherthong, Upperthong, Farnley Tyas as well As Holme and Austonley (and of course, Almondbury) In practice refer to here before local church came into operation (e.g Holmbridge in 1840)
* Kirkburton Parish Church historically served Hepworth, Fulstone, Thurstonland, Shepley, Shelley, Denby, Cumberworth and Cumberworth Half as well as Cartworth (and of course, Kirkburton).
* Holmfirth, Holy Trinity Church often held 'chapel of ease' status for both Almondbury and Kirkburton so would have registered events for both churches, particularly for the residents of Holme Valley
Upperthong, St John WDP34 Baptisms 1846-1974 Marriages 1848-1983 Burials 1848-1933 Banns 1848-1991 held at Wakefield WYAS
Hepworth, Holy Trinity WDP92 Baptisms 1860-1939 Marriages 1864 Burials 1863-1985 Banns 1935-1958 held at Wakefield WYAS
New Mill, Christchurch WDP162 Baptisms 1830-1963 Marriages 1839-1998 Burials 1931-1987 Banns 1900-1969 held at Wakefield WYAS
Holmfirth Huddersfield rd C73,C111 Baptisms 1837-1939 Marriages 1923-1970 Burials 1849-1912 held in Kirklees WYAS
Holmfirth, Lane Baptisms 1779-1916 held in Kirklees WYAS
Holmfirth Zion C73 Baptisms 1871-1939