Place:Oxendon Rural, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameOxendon Rural
TypeRural district
Coordinates52.45°N 0.85°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England     (1894 - 1935)
See alsoBrixworth Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district to which part of its area was transferred in 1935
Kettering Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district to which part of its area was transferred in 1935
Daventry District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Oxendon Rural District was situated in Northamptonshire, England from 1894 to 1935.

It was formed under the Local Government Act 1894 from the part of the Market Harborough Rural Sanitary District which was in Northamptonshire (the rest going on to form Market Harborough Rural District in Leicestershire). It was named after Great Oxendon.

Oxendon Rural District was abolished in 1935 and the majority of the area was transferred to Brixworth Rural District while some parishes were transferred to Kettering Rural District.

Parishes

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Arthingworth parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Ashley parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
Brampton Ash parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
Braybrooke parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
Clipston parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Dingley parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
East Farndon parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Great Oxendon parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Hothorpe hamlet, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Marston Trussell parish in Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Kelmarsh chancelry, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Marston Trussell parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Sibbertoft parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Stoke Albany parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
Sulby extraparochial, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Sutton Bassett chancelry, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
Thorpe Lubenham extraparochial, civil parish - 1935 to Marston Trussel parish in Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Welford parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Brixworth Rural District in 1935
Weston by Welland parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
Wilbarston parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Kettering Rural District in 1935
This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Oxendon Rural District. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.