Place:Brixworth Rural, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameBrixworth Rural
TypeRural district
Coordinates52.33°N 0.9°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England     (1894 - 1974)
See alsoOxendon Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district which it part absorbed in 1935
Daventry District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

The Brixworth Rural District was a rural district in Northamptonshire, England from 1894 to 1974. It was named after and administered from the village of Brixworth.

It was created by the Local Government Act 1894 from the Brixworth Rural Sanitary District. In 1935 it took in part of the disbanded Oxendon Rural District.

It was abolished in 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972, the bulk going to form part of the new non-metropolitan District of Daventry.

Parishes

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Althorp extraparochial. civil parish
Arthingworth parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
Boughton parish (ancient), civil parish
Brington parish (ancient), civil parish
Brixworth parish (ancient), civil parish
Chapel Brampton chancelry, civil parish
Church Brampton parish (ancient), civil parish
Clipston parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
Cold Ashby parish (ancient), civil parish
Coton hamlet, civil parish - 1935 to Ravensthorpe parish in 1935
Cottesbrooke parish (ancient), civil parish
Draughton parish (ancient), civil parish
East Farndon parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
East Haddon parish (ancient), civil parish
Faxton chancelry, civil parish - 1935 to Lamport parish in 1935
Great Creaton parish (ancient), civil parish
Great Oxendon parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
Guilsborough parish (ancient), civil parish
Hanging Houghton hamlet, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Lamport parish in 1935
Hannington parish (ancient), civil parish
Harlestone parish (ancient), civil parish
Haselbech parish (ancient), civil parish
Holcot parish (ancient), civil parish
Holdenby parish (ancient), civil parish
Hollowell hamlet, civil parish
Kelmarsh chancelry, civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
Lamport parish (ancient), civil parish
Maidwell parish (ancient), civil parish
Marston Trussell parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
Mawsley extraparochial, civil parish 1894 - 1935to Loddington parish in Kettering Rural District in 1935
Moulton parish (ancient), civil parish
Moulton Park extraparochial. civil parish
Naseby parish (ancient), civil parish
Old parish (ancient), civil parish
Overstone parish (ancient), civil parish
Pitsford parish (ancient), civil parish
Ravensthorpe parish (ancient), civil parish
Scaldwell parish (ancient), civil parish
Sibbertoft parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
Spratton parish (ancient), civil parish
Sulby extraparochial. civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935
Teeton hamlet, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Hollowell parish in 1935
Thornby parish (ancient), civil parish
Walgrave parish (ancient), civil parish
Welford parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Oxendon Rural District in 1935