Place:Earldoms, Wiltshire, England

Watchers
NameEarldoms
TypeExtra parochial area, Civil parish
Coordinates51°N 1.634°W
Located inWiltshire, England     ( - 1898)
See alsoFrustfield Hundred, Wiltshire, Englandhundred in which it was located
Salisbury Rural, Wiltshire, Englandrural district, 1894 - 1898
Landford, Wiltshire, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1898
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Earldoms from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"EARLDOMS, an extra-parochial tract in Alderbury [registration] district, Wilts; 7½ miles SE of Salisbury. Population: 48. Houses: 9. It was an ancient property of the Pembrokes; is much occupied with dense wood; and has, among its wood, an anciently entrenched hill, with single rampart and ditch."

It was made a civil parish in 1858 and in 1898 was absorbed into Landford civil parish.

Research Tips