Question about research pages
- Why cant I link my research to a page already existing in weRelat? H0riz0n 05:23, 27 April 2006 (MDT)
- you cant use [[ within the research title.
- one cant add sub talk pages [[/ funcion on wikipedia and wikireason
- cant link to [[wikireason: ; havent tried [[w: etc... need to set up [[w: [[wr: [[wt: etc... hyperlink coding.
- Linking back so one can easily navigate back and forth. Currently if you are adding info. When you are done you are stuck in the place you are edditing and cant easily move back and forth within research.
- I just noticed these questions; would you still like answers?--Dallan 21:35, 27 June 2006 (MDT)
... (Im sure your gonna get that play on your name a lot) seems to be pretty good but still basic, which will appeal to the non wiki user. I don't like the fact that I can!t set my allias to show with a different name. I Would like to be able to change my Account tag on my User page, but keep the user name. See wikipedia preferences.
- Yes, we do get the play on we're late, but I like the name otherwise so much that I don't mind. And given that this kind of website is something that I've been thinking about for the past 8 years, I think the we're late title is deserved - I should have done a long time ago! I'm not sure I understand what you mean by changing the "Account" tag on your User page but keeping the user name. I don't believe I'm doing anything different than wikipedia preferences in that area. Could you clarify for me?--Dallan 11:35, 4 April 2006 (MDT)
- Your Shakespeare Festival sounds wonderful, btw.--Dallan 11:35, 4 April 2006 (MDT)
- thats history... something I did as a college student. I think you might be able to do some really fun marketing with the name. I dont like the BIG... H0riz0n... staring at me. I guess I would like to be able to customize it on my talk page. BTW, thanks for your email. Well talk. --126.96.36.199
Hi, WeRelate will feature ancestor pages in a few weeks and GEDCOM uploads about December, 2006. Ancestor pages will make posting biographies very simple. This has brought up some licensing issues. Please read Licensing issues discussion page and give us your opinion. Thanks --sq 16:08, 14 August 2006 (MDT)
- I added discussion links to the various sections to make it easier for people new at wiki to discuss areas --H0riz0n 17:55, 17 August 2006 (MDT)
First of all you have great pages. Is it ok if I use them in demonstrations and/or maybe on a flyer? I go to a lot of conventions to teach people how to wiki.
- Sure. That will give me the incentive to make them better :p --H0riz0n 17:56, 17 August 2006 (MDT)
- Also, I got you plugged here
I noticed you are using all caps for surnames (this is accepted gen practice). But, because of the names index was generated, we have to go with the wiki convention of first letter capitalized and all the rest lower case (i.e.Trout instead of TROUT). The system is case sensitive and will index Trout as a different name than TROUT. So, it will automatically link Trout to the Trout surname page but won't automatically link TROUT. I don't know if you care, its your choice :)
Thanks again for your great contributions.--sq 10:53, 17 August 2006 (MDT)
- Thanks, I only went that way because it seemed like it was the "custom" to do so. How are you doing to handle multiple same names? As you can see I am adding additional info in the naming structure.