Thanks! [9 November 2010]
Thanks (I assume Bill?) for putting this together.
What would it take to update it? Can I help?
-- Jillaine 08:29, 9 November 2010 (EST)
- It could be updated of course, but:
- A. The wiki of most interest to WeRelate is FamilyPedia, and they no longer make that data available in the source that I used for this.
- B. For the most part, the other wiki's have dropped off the face of the earth. Still there, but little traffic
- C. The graphic comparison takes a fair bit of time to do. I don't have much time these days, so will not likely do it.
Q 09:33, 9 November 2010 (EST)
Thanks for the quick response, Bill. You're absolutely right. Does FamilyPedia make its usage data available in any format? Jillaine 19:12, 9 November 2010 (EST)
- I suspect not. There are a number of services that generate this kind of data. If you subscribe to them they probably give you the right to keep the data secret or not. Wikia is large enough that they would consider subscribing to many of them as simply part of normal operating expense, and might prefer to keep the information private---certainly they might consider that expense trivial for their larger Wiki's---and familypedia is numbered among their top ten. One might, I suppose check out various other services, to see if this was the case. Q 19:50, 9 November 2010 (EST)