||The New England Historical and Genealogical Register
||New England Historic Genealogical Society
|The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society).|
Quarterly journal published by the New England Historic Genealogical Society since 1847.
- An ongoing publication, reflects research over time. Generally very good quality.
- Many genealogy libraries have full or extensive hard copies of the quarterly journals.
- Citations should typically be to individual articles within the journal. The journal as a whole is referred to generally as the NEHGR, the Register, or by its full name (The New England Historical and Genealogical Register).
- The online resource at AmericanAncestors.org gives the following citation information for the searchable Register database: The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1847-XXXX. (Online database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001-XXXX.) NOTE: the online resource is kept current, so XXXX is the current year.
- A useful citation should include the author (where available), name of the paper being cited, a reference that it appears in the NEHGR, the volume and/or year, and page.