Place:Zawada, Gdańsk, Poland

Alt namesPangritz Koloniesource: Polish Wikipedia
Coordinates54.18715°N 19.38911°E
Located inGdańsk, Poland
Also located inWestpreußen, Preußen, Germany    
Elbląg, Warmińsko-Mazurskie, Poland    
source: Family History Library Catalog

Research Tips

Zawada was originally a village named Pangritz Kolonie, founded around 1882 and named after its founder (Johann Gottfried Pangritza). The name was changed to Zawada in 1951.

Zawada is now a district within the city of Elblag.

This information comes from the English translation of the Polish Wikipedia article, as provided by Google Translate.