|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Eynesford Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Aylsham Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Walsingham Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1934-1974|
|North Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Wood Norton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is located 10 km (6.2 mi) east of Fakenham and 30 km (19 mi) north-west of Norwich.
The civil parish has an area of 6.99 km2 (2.70 sq mi) and in the 2001 UK census had a population of 221 in 94 households, reducing slightly to 217 at the 2011 UK census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the District of North Norfolk.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Wood-Norton. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Wood-Norton, Norfolk, England | Eynesford Hundred, Norfolk, England | Aylsham Rural, Norfolk, England | Walsingham Rural, Norfolk, England | North Norfolk District, Norfolk, England