|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||Freebridge Lynn Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Freebridge Lynn Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Sandringham, Norfolk, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Wolferton is a village in the north of the English county of Norfolk. The village is situated some 2 miles west of the village of Sandringham, 7½ miles north of the town of King's Lynn and 37¼ miles north-west of the city of Norwich.
Since 1935 the village has formed part of the civil parish of Sandringham, which is in turn part of the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk. It was previously a separate civil parish in the Freebridge Lynn Rural District and part of the Freebridge Lynn Hundred.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Wolferton. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Wolferton, Norfolk, England | Freebridge Lynn Hundred, Norfolk, England | Freebridge Lynn Rural, Norfolk, England | Sandringham, Norfolk, England | King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England