- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Wiggenhall St. Mary the Virgin from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WIGGENHALL-ST. MARY-THE-VIRGIN, a parish, with Saddlebow hamlet, in Downham [registration] district, Norfolk; on the river Ouse, 3½ miles NW by N of Watlington [railway] station, and 4½ SW of [King's] Lynn. Post town: [King's] Lynn. Acres: 2,807. Real property: £5,332. Popuation: 307. Houses: 63. The property is divided chiefly among three. Saddlebow House is the seat of W. H. Allen, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £160. Patron: the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient. There is a parochial school."
In 1935 the size of the parish of Wiggenhall St. Mary the Virgin was reduced and parts were absorbed by the parishes of Wiggenhall St. Mary Magdalene and Tilney St. Lawrence. Since then, probably in 1974, the remaining part of the parish has been absorbed by the parish of Wiggenhall St. Germans.
The area is now a part of King's Lynn and West Norfolk District.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Wiggenhall St. Mary the Virgin. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901