- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Wiggenhall St. Germans is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk in eastern England. It is 85 miles (137 km) north of London and 5 miles (8.0 km) south-west of King's Lynn. The parish covers an area of 18.98 km2 (7.33 sq mi) and had a population of 1,370 in 554 households in the 2011 UK census.
The parish is situated on the River Great Ouse which divides the village into two parts. Most of the parish lies below the high-water mark and some areas are level with the bed of the river, which is confined by high banks.
Since 1935 the parish includes the hamlets of Wiggenhall St. Mary the Virgin and Wiggenhall St. Peter. It was the site of Fitton, the ancient seat of the Howard family, later the dukes of Norfolk.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Wiggenhall St. Germans. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901