West Leake is a small village and civil parish in the Rushcliffe district of Nottinghamshire. It is on the Kingston Brook, between the larger village of East Leake to the east and Kingston to the west; the parish of Sutton Bonington lies to the south. The parish church is St. Helena's Church, West Leake.
As a small village West Leake has a parish meeting rather than a parish council. Its population has declined from an 1853 estimate of 190 when the village was owned by Lord Middleton to around 110 in 2007.
The origin of Leake appears to be Laeke (Old Norse - brook or stream), and is consistent with West Leake's position in the heart of the Danelaw.
One of the earliest mentions of West Leake is in the Domesday book recorded as 'Leche', the name comes from the Anglo-Saxon word meaning water-meadow, since the village lies on the Kingston Brook, a tributary of the River Soar. In the Domesday Book it is listed amongst the lands given to Henry de Ferrers by the King. The land required 21 ploughs in total, there was a mill and a church and it was valued at seven pounds.
There is a 200-year old public house called The Star situated just outside the village, on the other side of the Kingston Brook on Melton Lane (and therefore in the parish of Sutton Bonington). It is also called the Leake Pit House, as it once incorporated a pit for cock-fighting.
A dew pond is situated on the hill above the village towards West Leake hills.