Place:Weeley, Essex, England

Watchers
NameWeeley
Alt namesWileiasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 106
TypeVillage
Coordinates51.849°N 1.119°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoTendring Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1974
Tendring (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Weeley is a small village in Tendring District, in east Essex, England. It is served by Weeley railway station on the Sunshine Coast Line. It has bus links to Clacton-on-Sea and Colchester.

The parish church is St Andrew's, Weeley, which shares a priest with neighbouring Little Clacton. There is a Church of England voluntary aided primary school, also dedicated to St Andrew, which traces its foundation to the early date of 1797.

The parish was part of the Tendring Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Tendring District of Essex.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Weeley. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.