- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Tredington is a small village near Shipston-on-Stour. Both places have been in Warwickshire since 1931.
The River Stour runs through Tredington. Neighbouring villages include Ilmington and Halford.
The village church of St.Gregory's has the tallest spire in Warwickshire, while the front door still shows the remains of bullet marks left over from the English Civil War.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Tredington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "TREDINGTON, a parish, with a village and four hamlets, in the [registration] district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Worcester; on the river Stour, 2 miles N of Shipston and 8 NNE of Moreton-in-Marsh [railway] station. It has a post-office under Shipston-on-Stour. Acres: 5,285. Real property: £7,776. Population: 1,100. Houses: 271. The property is much subdivided. A monastery was once here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value: £542. Patron: Jesus' College, Oxford. The church is ancient. The rectory of Newbold is a separate benefice. There are an endowed school with £50 a year, and charities £9."