Place:Tillyfruskie, Birse, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Watchers


NameTillyfruskie
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates57.026111°N 2.623333°W
Located inBirse, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Tillyfruskie farm and house
Enlarge
Tillyfruskie farm and house

Tillyfruskie is a farm in the Aberdeenshire parish of Birse. It was acquired in 1759 by Francis Farquharson, the 5th laird of Finzean, from the Ochterlony family,1 and has been held by the Farquharson family as part of the Finzean estate up to the present. Historically it was a tenant farm. The stone farm house dates from 1733 (as can be seen etched in the high cornerstone in the photo).

Sources

  1. Farquharson, Geoffrey. Clan Farquharson: A History, p. 69.