Place:Tarrant Gunville, Dorset, England

Watchers


NameTarrant Gunville
Alt namesTarrant-Gunvillesource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeVillage
Located inDorset, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Tarrant Gunville is a village and civil parish in north Dorset, England, situated at the head of the Tarrant Valley on Cranborne Chase northeast of Blandford Forum. In the 2011 Census the parish recorded a population of 233. The large 13th-century parish church is dedicated to St. Mary, and was completely rebuilt between 1845 and 1845 by the architect Thomas Henry Wyatt. The modern village hall was completed in 2001.

The parish has three round barrows and an unexcavated Iron Age enclosure with a 15' deep ditch, which Pevsner suspects was built in a hurry.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Tarrant Gunville. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.