- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
"Jointly rated with Sutton St. Michael [ancient parish] as 'Sutton' for [Poor Law]/civil purposes." (Source:A Vision of Britain through Time
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Sutton St. Nicholas from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "SUTTON-ST. NICHOLAS, a parish in the [registration] district and county of Hereford; 1½ mile SE of Moreton [railway] station, and 3¾ NNE of Hereford. Post town: Hereford. Acres, 721. Population: 251. Houses: 47. A well-preserved Roman camp is here; and became, in the Saxon times, the site of a royal palace. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value: £195. Patron: J. Johnston, Esq."
Neither Sutton, Sutton St. Michael nor Sutton St. Nicholas appear in Wikipedia.
The FamilySearch Wiki states that parish register records are available from 1763 and Bishop's Transcripts from 1660.