The civil parish of the church of St. Swithin was abolished 1 April 1907 to become a part of the parish of the City of Lincoln.
The church was destroyed by fire in 1644 and not rebuilt until 1801. Taken down again in 1884. Replaced and re-dedicated in 1888
English Jurisdictions 1851, a website produced by FamilySearch, provides a map of the various civil and ecclesiastical parishes of Lincoln. Simply enter "Lincoln" in the search box on the entry page and expand the area covered by the map by clicking "-" in the bottom right hand corner of the map. Choose "Civil Registration District" or "Hundred" to get a broad picture of the city of Lincoln.