St Marychurch in Torbay, Devon, England, is one of the oldest settlements in the southern part of Devon. Its earliest documentary record dates from around 1050 AD. Its name derives from the church of St Mary, which was founded in Anglo-Saxon times.
St Marychurch is a former English urban district, which existed only from 1894 until 1900 when it was incorporated into the neighbouring borough of Torquay. Notable former residents include 19th century zoologist and creationist Philip Henry Gosse, who lived at Sandhurst on Torquay Road (now called St Marychurch Road). The former town stretches from Plainmoor to Maidencombe (both re-directed here).