|Type||Village, Former parish|
|Located in||Cornwall, England|
|See also||Powder Hundred, Cornwall, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Truro Rural, Cornwall, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1934|
|Gerrans, Cornwall, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1934|
|Truro Registration District, Cornwall, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1934|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
St. Anthony-in-Roseland is a village and formerly a civil parish in Cornwall, England. It is one of four settlements in the Roseland Peninsula.
At Trewince is a house of five bays and two storeys built in 1750. There is a lighthouse at St Anthony's Head built of granite.
As a parish St. Anthony-in-Roseland was located in Powder Hundred and part of the Truro Rural District from 1894 until 1934. In 1934 it was absorbed into Gerrans civil parish.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article St Anthony in Roseland.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.
- GENUKI makes a great many suggestions as to other websites with worthwhile information about Cornwall as well as providing 19th century descriptions of each of the ecclesiastical parishes.
- FamilySearch Wiki provides a similar information service to GENUKI which may be more up-to-date.
- A Vision of Britain through Time has
- organization charts of the hierarchies of parishes within hundreds, registration districts and rural and urban districts of the 20th century
- excerpts from a gazetteer of circa 1870 outlining individual towns and parishes
- reviews of population through the time period 1800-1960
- More local sources can often be found by referring to "What Links Here" in the column on the left.
Categories: Cornwall, England | Powder Hundred, Cornwall, England | Truro Rural, Cornwall, England | Gerrans, Cornwall, England | St. Anthony-in-Roseland, Cornwall, England | Truro Registration District, Cornwall, England