Place:Sheviock, Cornwall, England

Watchers
NameSheviock
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates50.373°N 4.294°W
Located inCornwall, England
See alsoEast Hundred, Cornwall, Englandhundred in which it was located
St. Germans Rural, Cornwall, Englandrural district of which it was a part 1894-1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Sheviock (Cornish: Seviek) is a coastal civil parish and a hamlet in southeast Cornwall, England. The parish is two miles (3 km) south of St Germans and three miles (5 km) south-west of Saltash. The population in the 2001 census was 683.

To the north, the parish is bordered by St Germans Creek (the tidal estuary of the River Tiddy, also known as the Lynher River) and to the south by the sea. To the east, Sheviock is bordered by Antony parish and to the west by the recently-formed Deviock parish.

Sheviock was part of the East Hundred of Cornwall and in St. Germans Rural District between 1894 and 1974.

Research Tips