Sherman is a village in the town of Sherman, Chautauqua County, New York, USA. The village lies in the northern part of the town at intersections of County Routes 15 and 18, NY-76 and NY-430. The population was 730 at the 2010 census.
The village of Sherman was incorporated in 1890. Sherman was named for Roger Sherman, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. The first settler was Dearing Dorman. A granite monument exists at the site of his original settlement on what is now known as Titus Road.