Sennen parish is bounded by the sea to the west and bordered by the parishes of St. Just-in-Penwith to the north, St. Buryan to the east, St. Levan to the south. The Longships group of rocky islets situated off Lands End are also within the parish. The main settlements are Churchtown (Sennen), Trevescan, Carn Towan, Sennen Cove and Land's End.
Sennen parish is situated at the western tip of the Penwith peninsula and is exposed to prevailing westerly winds from the Atlantic. It has a bare moorland-like character with very few trees and no woodland. The parish consists of 2,284 acres (9 km2) of land, 6 acres (24,000 m2) of water and 64 acres (260,000 m2) of foreshore. The population was 829 at the 2001 census.
The church town, Sennen, is the most westerly village in mainland England and is 315 miles (507 km) west-southwest of London. Below the village is the harbour settlement of Sennen Cove.
Sennen was part of the West Penwith Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.