Ryme Intrinseca is a village and civil parish in northwest Dorset, England, south of Yeovil and west of Yetminster. It is sited on a low ridge of cornbrash limestone on the edge of the Blackmore Vale. The name means the inner, or home, part of the Ryme manor as opposed to the outer parts, once called Ryme Extrinseca. it had a population of 130.
The church at Ryme Intrinseca, which dates back to the 13th century, is dedicated to St. Hyppolyte and there are only two churches dedicated as such in England. Hyppolyte was born in 170 AD, and was a gaoler in charge of St. Lawrence - which example during his imprisonment so impressed Hyppolyte, that he became converted to the Christian faith. Hyppolyte became Bishop of Ostia, near Rome, but was anti-Papal and was martyred in the year 236 AD. The chancel and nave of St. Hyppolyte's church are basically from the 13th century, but architecturally the most interesting features lie in the unusual 17th century work which includes the east window and most of the windows in the nave, (including the little trefoil placed high to light the pulpit). Also from the early 17th century is the tower, with its intricate profile caused by the projecting stairway. There is an alms dish in the church which was lost in 1873 and found its way back to Dorset from Bideford in Devon in 1938.
Ryme once constituted a separate liberty, containing only the parish itself.