|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Durham, England ( - 1937)|
|See also||Auckland St. Andrew, Durham, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Darlington Ward, Durham, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Auckland Rural, Durham, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Bishop Auckland, Durham, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1937|
|Wear Valley District, Durham, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Pollards Lands from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "POLLARDS-LANDS, a township in Auckland, St. Andrew parish, Durham; near Bishop-Auckland. Acres: 458. Real property: £2,264; of which £700 are in mines. Population in 1851: 212; in 1861: 355. Houses: 74. The property belonged formerly to the Pollard family."
Pollards Lands was originally a township in the ancient parish of Auckland St. Andrew in County Durham. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Auckland Rural District. In 1937 it was abolished and absorbed into Bishop Auckland with a small area going to Etherley. Between 1974 and 2009 it became part of the larger Wear Valley non-metropolitan district. Since 2009 County Durham has been a unitary authority.
For a short time (1886-1894) before the launch of urban and rural districts, Pollards Lands was merged with Bishop Auckland as a civil parish called Bishop Auckland and Pollards Lands. They were separated again when the more rural section could be associated with other similar places within Auckland Rural District.
Categories: Durham, England | Pollards Lands, Durham, England | Auckland St. Andrew, Durham, England | Darlington Ward, Durham, England | Auckland Rural, Durham, England | Bishop Auckland, Durham, England | Wear Valley District, Durham, England