Pyrton is a small village and large civil parish in the South Oxfordshire District of Oxfordshire, England, about 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the small town of Watlington and 5 miles (8 km) south of Thame. The 2011 UK census recorded the parish's population as 227.
Pyrton is a strip parish. The ancient parish comprised two detached portions extending about 12 miles (19 km) between Standhill Farm near Little Haseley in Great Haseley parish and Stonor in the Chiltern Hills. The Stonor portion became a separate parish in 1896, and in 1922 joined Pishill to form the parish of Pishill with Stonor. The remaining Pyrton portion extends about 6 miles (10 km) between Standhill Farm and a point just north of Christmas Common in Watlington parish. Standhill had been a hamlet with a manor house, but in the 14th century it was depopulated in the Black Death.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Pyrton. Includes a summary of the owners of the manor over the centuries.