Perranuthnoe is a village and civil parish in southwest Cornwall, England. The village is situated on the east side of Mount's Bay approximately one mile (1.6 km) east of Marazion and four miles (6.5 km) east of Penzance.
The parish includes the villages of Perranuthnoe, Goldsithney, Perran Downs and part of Rosudgeon. It takes its name from the church, dedicated to St Piran (and St Michael), combined with the name of the manor, Uthno. Perranuthnoe was part of the West Penwith Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
The first historical mention of Perranuthnoe can be found in the Domesday Book of 1086, as Odenol. By 1235 this had become Hutheno, and was recorded as Udno in 1308 and 1373. It finally took the form Uthnoe-veor in 1839. There is still a farm in the village called Ednoe-vean.
During the 18th and 19th century the landscape surrounding the village supported a number of tin and copper mines, the last of which closed in 1900.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.